Home > Centennial Calendar > Embassy of Sweden i...
September 6, 2012
Embassy of Sweden in Tel Aviv – Events
- Aug 31. The exhibition “To me there’s no other choice”, marking 100 years since the birth of Raoul Wallenberg, opened on August 31 in Tel Aviv.On Thursday 30 August, the Swedish Minister for EU Affairs, Birgitta Ohlsson, inaugurated the exhibition “To Me There’s No Other Choice – Raoul Wallenberg 1912-2012” at Beit Bialik in Tel Aviv.At the opening reception Israel’s Minister for Energy and Water Resources Uzi Landau, the coordinator for Raoul Wallenberg 2012 Olle Wästberg and Swedish Ambassador Elinor Hammarskjöld also spoke about the moral courage of Raoul Wallenberg and the importance of keeping his legacy alive. A children’s choir from the Bialik-Rogozin school in south Tel Aviv performed songs based on the poetry of Chaim Bialik. Among the many guests at the reception were numerous Holocaust survivors, who were rescued by Raoul Wallenberg, and the Director General of Yad Vashem, Mr Avner Shalev.The exhibition at Beit Bialik (22 Bialik Street, Tel Aviv) is open until 20 September, Monday to Thursday between 10.00 and 16.00 and Friday and Saturday between 10.00 and 14.00. Admission is free.
- Aug 17. Finalists from Israel participating in the Stockholm Junior Water Prize. The Israeli students David Rafael Agassi and Bashan Yehezkel will represent Israel at the 2012 International Stockholm Junior Water Prize finale held at the World Water Week in Stockholm August 26-31.
- Jul 27. Double awards to Swedish film at Tel Aviv International Children’s Film Festival. The Swedish film “Ice Dragon” received the award for best film at the Tel Aviv International Children’s Film Festival – twice.
- Jul 19. Celebration of the legacy of Raoul Wallenberg in the Knesset. On 17 July the Speaker of the Knesset Reuven Rivlin hosted a ceremony in honor of Raoul Wallenberg and his legacy.
- Jun 28. The living legacy of Raoul Wallenberg – Minister for Integration Erik Ullenhag speaks at Yad Vashem. On 26 June, Minister for Integration Erik Ullenhag participated in a symposium in honour of Raoul Wallenberg at Yad Vashem, the memorial to the Holocaust in Jerusalem. During his visit, Minister…
- Jun 25. Minister for Integration Erik Ullenhag participates in symposium on Rauol Wallenberg at Yad Vashem. On 26 June the Swedish Minister for Integration Erik Ullenhag will participate in a high-level symposium at Yad Vashem in Jerusalem, marking the centenary since the birth of Raoul Wallenberg.
- Jun 20. The exhibition “Facing the Climate” inaugurated in Netanya. On 11 June, Ambassador Elinor Hammarskjöld and the Mayor of Netanya, Miriam Feierberg-Ikar, inaugurated the Swedish exhibition “Facing the Climate” in the Cultural Centre of Netanya.
- Jun 06. Swedish National Day on 6 June, 2012. On June 6, Sweden celebrates its National Day. The National Day marks the coronation of Gustav Vasa in 1523 and the adoption of a new constitution in 1809.
- May 15. Swedish life science delegation visiting Israel. On 21-23 May, a Swedish delegation of companies and organizations engaged in the life science sector will participate in the conference and exhibition ILSI-BioMed 2012 at the David Intercontinental…
- May 09. Study in Sweden – quality higher education. With about 50 institutions of higher education covering all academic fields, and hundreds of programs taught in English, Sweden offers many opportunities for top quality higher education for…
- May 03. Information on new opening hours and disruption of e-mail communication. Please note that the Embassy’s opening hours will change starting 1 May. Due to technical upgrades, the Embassy cannot be reached by e-mail from the evening 3 May to the morning 7 May. No passport…
- May 03. “To me there’s no other choice”. Ambassador Elinor Hammarskjöld writes about the Raoul Wallenberg year 2012 and the Swedish Government’s work against anti-semitism in Jerusalem Post
- Apr 27. Minister for Integration Ullenhag meets Obama envoy Rosenthal. Hannah Rosenthal, President Obama’s Special Envoy to Monitor and Combat Anti-Semitism, visited Sweden this week.
- Apr 23. International conference on sustainable development in Stockholm. On 23-25 April, the international conference “Stockholm +40 – Partnership Forum for Sustainable Development” is held in Stockholm. The conference gathers ministers and government officials, business…
- Apr 19. Stockholm Internet Forum 2012. The international conference Stockholm Internet Forum 2012 takes place 18-19 April.
- Apr 04. The Embassy’s opening hours during Easter/Pesach. The Embassy will be closed on 6, 9 and 13 April.
- Apr 04. Sweden supported Earth Hour 2012. From 20.30-21.30 on Saturday 31 March, organisations, businesses and private citizens worldwide turned off the electric lights, participating in Earth Hour 2012, a global initiative.
- Mar 23. Sweden won second place in Bocuse d’Or Europe. On March 21, Sweden won second place in the European food championship, Bocuse d’Or Europe in Brussels. It was also decided that Sweden will host the next championship, in 2014.
- Mar 08. International Women’s Day. International Women’s Day is celebrated every year on 8 March.
- Mar 07. Call for joint R&D-projects between Sweden and Israel. The Swedish innovation agency, Vinnova, and its Israeli counterpart, Matimop, have recently published a call for proposals regarding joint R&D-projects between Israeli and Swedish companies.