Home > General > Past Events from Ja...
Past Events from January
- Remembering Raoul Wallenberg: Holocaust Survivors Share Their Stories. New York. USA. Park East Synagogue and The International Raoul Wallenberg Foundation invite you to a special event on occasion of the 62nd Anniversary of Wallenberg’s disappearance with a musical performance of ”Prologue” & ”Messages for Raoul Wallenberg” by composer Terry Winter Owens, featuring Soprano Patricia Sonego with Reizen Ensemble. Wednesday, January 17th 2007, at 7.30 p.m. at Park East Synagogue at 164 East 68th Street – (Between Lexington and 3rd Ave.) – New York. RSVP: email: email@example.com – Tel: (212) 737-3275 / email: firstname.lastname@example.org – Tel: 212.737.6900
- Mass in Honor of Raoul Wallenberg. New York. USA. Following a suggestion of the International Raoul Wallenberg Foundation, the Church of Sweden will dedicate a mass to Raoul Wallenberg on the anniversary of his disappearance. The church is located at 5 East 48th Street, New York. For more information, please contact the church at 212-832-8443 / 8444.
- Wallenberg is remembered in his native country. Stockholm, Sweden. The International Raoul Wallenberg Foundation and the Holocaust Survivors of Sweden will hold a ceremony at the Raoul Wallenberg Memorial in Stockholm. For more information, please contact Livia Frankel at email@example.com.
- Raoul Wallenberg remembered in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The International Raoul Wallenberg Foundation organizes a homage near the statue of Raoul Wallenberg located in Figueroa Alcorta Ave. and Austria St., Buenos Aires. Rabbi Sergio Bergman will talk on Wallenberg´s honor on the occasion of the 62 anniversary of his disappearance.
- ”Raoul Wallenberg, one man can make a difference,” Paris, France. Symposium dedicated to the actions and ideals of the Swedish diplomat Raoul Wallenberg who, in the last months of WWII, saved thousands of Jews in Budapest. The symposium will be held at the Swedish Center, located at 11, rue Payenne, F-75003 Paris, from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
A sculpture dedicated to Raoul Wallenberg, and signed by Gustav and Ulla Kraitz, will be inaugurated at the Hotel de Marle patio during the occasion.
- ”Good evening , Mr. Wallenberg” (Godafton, herr Wallenberg), Paris, France. The film narrates the actions of Swedish diplomat Raoul Wallenberg, who fights to save a group of arrested Jews while trying to stop the total destruction of the Jewish ghetto. The screening of the movie will take place at 7:00 pm at the Swedish Center, 11, rue Payenne, F-75003 Paris.
- Raoul Wallenberg Day Commemoration. The Jewish Federation of Winnipeg and Gray Academy of Jewish Education have developed a program to commemorate Raoul Wallenberg Day. This year, students will acquire experience and knowledge about human rights abuses in Sub-Saharan Africa.
More Info: http://www.jewishwinnipeg.org/content_display.html?ArticleID=205310
- 62nd Anniversary of Raoul Wallenberg’s Disappearance – Budapest, Hungary. A commemoration organized by the Raoul Wallenberg Association of Hungary will take place at Wallenberg street, at the Raoul Wallenberg memorial plaque, at 4.00 pm. Mr. Gyorgy Kaiser, member of the Association’s executive board will deliver a speech.
- International Rescuer Day 2007. Jerusalem, Israel An event in honor to Raoul Wallenberg will take place in Jerusalem. Speakers include Israeli author Aharon Applefeld; Dr. Mordecai Paldiel, Director of Yad Vashem’s Righteous Among the Nations project; Larry Pfeffer, Jerusalem Working Group, and Dr. Becky Kook. A musical performance of Yiddish songs written during the Holocaust will complement the speakers. For more information, contact Larry Pfeffer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exhibit dedicated to remembering of Raoul Wallenberg. Berlin, Germany. Barbara Ehrt’s paintings will be accompannied by Pastor Willibald Jacob’s lecture about his work with the Adivasis in India. Pastor Jacob and Ms. Ehrt could have been disciples of Raoul Wallenberg, as their activities and dedication for righteousness and respect for humanity and understanding show. Both are involved – with intensive dedication – to interfaith dialogue and cultural understanding. The event will take place at 7 pm at Vaterunser-Church located at Detmolder Street 17, Berlin – Wilmersdorf.
- Wreath laying. Wednesday, January 17th 2007 at 11.00. On occasion of the 62nd Anniversary of Raoul Wallenberg’s mysterious disappearance in front of the monument dedicated to him Between Raoul Wallenberg & Habarzel Streets, at Ramat Hachayal – Tel Aviv
- Screening of ”Good Evening, Mr. Wallenberg” – Vancouver, Canada. The Swedish and the Jewish communities join forces in a tribute to the Swedish diplomat and hero, Raoul Wallenberg, who saved the lives of as man as a hundred thousand people during World War II. An honorary citizen of Canada, USA and Israel, he would have celebrated his 95th birthday this year. The day Wallenberg disappeared, as well as his birthday, are marked in many places around the world, so The City of Vancouver has marked the
occasion by proclaiming a ”Raoul Wallenberg Day.” Deputy Mayor Kim Capri will speak as will a member of ”The Second Generation” Jewish group of relatives to Holocaust survivors. The event is sponsored by Consulate of Sweden, Second Generation Group, Swedish Charitable Association and Liberty Bakery. January 21, 2007, 2pm, Vancity Theatre, 1181 Seymour Street, Vancouver.
- Holocaust Remembrance Day