- JTA. Wallenberg Foundation president dies
- Zenit. Father Horacio Moreno dies, precursor in promoting the interconfessional dialogue
- The Jerusalem Post. The UN chief who cites Wallenberg as his role model
- Zenit. Rome’s Rabbi Joins Wallenberg Foundation
- That Time of the Year
- Ballads and stories embrace the legacy of Raoul Wallenberg
- About the Foundation
- The Evening Bulletin.com. Jewish boxers are back in the news.
- Calendar of Events
JTA. Wallenberg Foundation president dies
The Argentine priest who headed the International Raoul Wallenberg Foundation died at age 88.
Father Horacio Fidel Moreno’s death was announced last Friday in a release that said he pioneered interreligious dialogue in Argentina in the 1970s.
The foundation commemorates the life of Wallenberg, a Swedish diplomat who saved tens of thousands of Hungarian Jews.
Zenit. Father Horacio Moreno dies, precursor in promoting the interconfessional dialogue
BUENOS AIRES, Thursday, 16th.of November 2006 (ZENIT.org.).- This Thursday, in the city of Buenos Aires, Father Horacio Fidel Moreno, died at the age of 88 . He was a precursor in promoting the interconfessional dialogue in Latin America. He was born in the city of Quilmes on the 29th of May, 1918. Amongst many other activities, he was president of the Casa Argentina en Israel, Tierra Santa (Argentine House in Israel, Holy Land), during the last 16 years.
The Jerusalem Post. The UN chief who cites Wallenberg as his role model
On Jan Eliasson’s 21st birthday, Dag Hammarskjold, the Swedish former secretary-general of the UN, died.
”I heard the news on the radio. At that moment I decided that I must work at the United Nations and follow his path in diplomacy. He was one of my idols and heroes,” says Eliasson, now 66, and the outgoing president of the 60th Session of the General Assembly.
Zenit. Rome’s Rabbi Joins Wallenberg Foundation
ROME, NOV. 6, 2006 (Zenit.org).- The Chief Rabbi of Rome has accepted the invitation to become an honorary member of the Raoul Wallenberg Foundation, joining the ranks of heads of state and Nobel Prize laureates.
That Time of the Year
From the writers of the new Wallenberg musical (Laurence Holzman & Felicia Needleman) comes a great way to support the International Raoul Wallenberg Foundation. The York Theatre Company, an award-winning Off-Broadway theatre dedicated to new musicals, is beginning performances of its all-new revue celebrating Hanukkah and Christmas called THAT TIME OF THE YEAR..
Ballads and stories embrace the legacy of Raoul Wallenberg
Renowned Swedish folk musician Ben Olander brought music, pictures, and an inspirational message to Svenska kyrkan (Church of Sweden) and Yeshiva Har Torah school in New York on Nov. 14. The singer’s ballads and stories embrace the legacy of Raoul Wallenberg, the Swedish diplomat who saved tens of thousands of Hungarian Jews from certain death during the Nazi regime. In songs about the hero, Olander promotes Holocaust awareness and encourages his audiences to believe that through courage and selflessness, each individual can change the world, just as Wallenberg did when he issued false passports and established safe houses to rescue 100,000 lives.
About the Foundation
The mission of the International Raoul Wallenberg Foundation is to develop educational programs and public awareness campaigns based on the values of solidarity and civic courage, ethical cornerstones of the Saviors of the Holocaust.
The Evening Bulletin.com. Jewish boxers are back in the news.
An undefeated Israeli heavyweight boxer, Roman Greenberg, will fight in Hollywood, Florida, on Dec. 1, in just his fourth bout in the United States. He is ranked 40th out of 888 boxers in the world by the World Boxing Council.
Calendar of Events
- November 6: Screening of ”The Darien Dilemma”
- November 9: Night of Broken Glass – Kristallnacht
- November 12: Screening of ”The Darien Dilemma” at the Jewish Women’s Film Festival
- November 14: Presentation ”Raoul Wallenberg’s Battle Against Evil” in The Yeshiva School, NYC , USA.
- Presentation ”The Triumph of Life” at the Church of Sweden in New York, USA
- November 17: Lecture ”Raoul Wallenberg – The Unknown Hero”, including personal story by Tom Lantos, Member of the House of Representatives, Budapest.
- November 21: Presentation ”The Triumph of Life” in Smurfit Kappa, L. Helfwetet, Halmstad, Sweden.
- November 25: Angelo Giuseppe Roncalli was born at 10:15 am on November 25th, 1881.
- November 29: Presentation ”Raoul Wallenberg’s Battle Against Evil” in Bachelors Club, Göteborg, Sweden
- December 1: Homage to Father Marie Benoit, New York, USA
- January 17: ”Raoul Wallenberg, one man can make a difference,” Paris, France.
- ”Good evening , Mr. Wallenberg” (Godafton, herr Wallenberg), Paris, France.